How to test Semantic Pingback / send a pingback?
You can ping this service by adding a HTML link to this service to one of your resources and start the pingback manually by using this web-pingback client.
In addition to this, you can type the source and target resource URLs directly into these input fields:
Note: This standalone pingback server does not modify any resource. Instead of this, it tries to identify a mail address which is associated to the target resource and sends an email to this address, informing the owner about the pingback request.
Currently, the following properties are used for this:
- direct foaf:mbox property at the target resource (e.g. at a foaf:Person)
- a foaf:mbox of a resource which is linked from the target with one of these properties:
Here is a list of the last 10 Pingbacks to
links_to predicates typically indicate a HTML-link while every other predicate is
from an RDF resource or RDFa encoded in a webpage.
- http://www.bibsonomy.org/url/6cedb721481b13a2014d94783d4aa1b3/jaeschke (Predicate: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#links_to)
- http://sebastian.tramp.name (Predicate: http://purl.org/net/pingback/to)
- http://sebastian.tramp.name (Predicate: http://purl.org/net/pingback/service)
- http://sebastian.tramp.name (Predicate: http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/currentProject)
- http://tiredealer.interactiveinfonet.info/dealer-tire/tire-dealer-toronto.html (Predicate: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#links_to)
- http://websiteofthestate.interactiveinfonet.info/state-web/new-mexico-state-web-site.html (Predicate: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#links_to)
How to use it with your resources / receive a pingback?
In order to use this service for one of your resources (e.g. your WebID) you can propagate the use of the AKSW Semantic Pingback service in two ways:
- Return a
X-Pingback: http://pingback.aksw.org/HTTP header field, when your resource is requested. This solution is downward compatible with the conventional Pingback mechanism, since this method is part of the autodiscovery process. On a apache webserver, you could create a
.htaccessfile with the following code:
Header set X-Pingback "http://pingback.aksw.org/".
- Embed a
pingback:tostatement into your FOAF profile, that links your WebID with the URL of the service (see example below). This solution only works with Semantic Pingback clients, since this autodiscovery mechanism is not included in the original Pingback specification.
pingback:servicelinks to a traditional Pingback 1.0 Server, while
pingback:tolinks to a server which accepts a simplified pingback request (this Pingback server can accept both).